CCBA Europe Trip
October 19-October 26th, 2019
Visit Three Institutions Of Higher Education
Establish Partnerships for Students, Faculty and Your Institution
I hope you are enjoying a relaxing summer break! As you look toward the fall semester, please consider joining us for a unique opportunity to explore Europe’s higher education model during a one-week tour through France and England.
This exciting opportunity is open to just 10 CCBA members and is designed to provide participants the chance to develop mutually beneficial pathways from four-year CC baccalaureate programs directly into one-year master’s programs.
Working in partnership with Pathways2Education, we will tour and meet with the administrators of the following highly-regarded institutions to discuss articulation mechanisms, programs, costs, FAFSA/scholarship funding, housing, MOU processes, entry requirements and the potential for student placements:
The proposed itinerary includes:
- Saturday, Oct. 19 – Sunday, Oct. 20: Travel to Paris. Stay in a hotel (to be recommended) near Montparnasse station.
- Sunday, Oct. 20: Free/rest day in Paris.
- Monday, Oct. 21: Travel via train to Rennes, meeting including lunch, mid-afternoon return to Paris.
- Tuesday, Oct. 22: Travel via train to CDG, flight to Heathrow, stay at nearby hotel.
- Wednesday, Oct. 23: Visit Kingston University including dinner.
- Thursday, Oct. 24: Free day in London and/or travel via train to York.
- Friday, Oct. 25: Free morning in York, visit to York St. John University followed by dinner hosted by the University. Stay at nearby hotel.
- Saturday, Oct. 26: Free day in York and/or travel home from London Heathrow/Gatwick or Manchester.
Participants will be responsible for booking their own travel and accommodations, however we will provide a list of suggested hotels, so that the group can stay together and be supported by an onsite CCBA representative. Additionally, a one-time fee of $400, payable to CCBA, will be required by August 15, 2019 to secure your place.
Please feel free to contact me directly with questions and/or to secure your attendance. I look forward to sharing this exciting professional development opportunity with you and your institution.