PHILOSOPHY | PURPOSE | MISSION
The Community College Baccalaureate Association believes an educated populace is the foundation of a free and prosperous society and the baccalaureate degree serves as a gateway to advanced career opportunities and an enhanced lifestyle.
As a result, the CCBA strives to ensure that all students who desire to pursue a baccalaureate degree can do so in a way that is convenient, accessible ,and affordable
To promote better access to the baccalaureate degree on community college campuses, and to serve as a resource for information on various models for accomplishing this purpose.
The purpose will be achieved by:
- fostering dialogue amongst educators and local/state decision-makers;
- sharing research data, publications, best practices, state legislation, and policies;
- promoting the development of baccalaureate degrees conferred by community colleges;
- encouraging the implementation of joint degree programs and university centers on community college campuses; and
- supporting the democratization of access to the baccalaureate degree.
The Association attempts to gather all published articles and legislation dealing with the community college baccalaureate degree. We also solicit copies of unpublished materials related to this topic. We will host an annual conference to share information and develop ways to promote the community college baccalaureate degree to governors, state legislatures, national policy boards, and other appropriate persons and organizations.